SUPPORTING ANIMAL RESCUE
ARC is a national “at scale’ organisation supporting animal rescuers, peak bodies and emergency responders.
The ARC is focused on the support of animals. That is both directly and indirectly the rescue and rehome of animals, provision of food and support to animals in rescue and community as well as constantly improving ways that rescuers can be assisted in saving mode lives. We have a solid track record of massive community outcomes and are the partner of choice for the unique work we do.
Our main activities are:
- Assisting animal rescue organisations, community groups, indigenous organisations, and those impacted by emergencies that care for animals.
- Committing to sustainability by recovering, repurposing and donating food and products from vendors to those in need.
- Redirecting tonnage of potential landfill waste to animal rescuers and community groups. (around 500 tonnes annually)
- Aiding animal rescuers on an ongoing basis with programs, food, systems, , product, financial help and emergency supplies
- Offering emergency response programs, including food, medical supplies and animal rescue during crises.
- Helping animals living with people, and wildlife affected by emergencies.
- Supporting community groups and aiding people in need with pets, by providing food and assistance for their animals.
- Ensuring safe zones for animals in sanctuaries with our volunteers and resources.
- Distributing community-crafted items to animals in rescue via our Craft Guild.
- Providing direct animal care and rehoming through our skilled team.
We have built a national capacity for supporting the broad rescue ecosystem. whether it is food, medical/craft, advice, or logistics.
ARC is a registered charity – Animal Rescue Support Incorporated. You can read our ACNC record (click here). Our ABN is 25151709481
Where and how
- Emergency Support – In times of crisis ARC puts teams on the ground and supports immediate activity. Food, Medical, Rescue, People.
- Food Security/Sustainability – On a national basis ARC works with all major vendors and rescuers to sustainably get support from those who have it to those who need it.
- One on One Programs with Rescue – ARC will engage with rescuers to support critical programs that bring a better outcome for animals.
- Outreach – ARC works with community outreach, RSPCA, OzHarvest and other programs to support animals in socio economic situations
- Domestic Violence – ARC Supports agencies that are helping people escape domestic violence.
The vision – a national baseline of standards and support for Animal Rescue
- Standards of care, access to training and resources for all rescuers
- A ready to go framework for engagement using established technology and tools
- Knowledge and support for rescuers and animals
- Backing in time of key need, seasonal spikes and emergencies.
- Positive, qualified and proactive partnerships with industry and agencies
- Supporting services in a rescuers lifecycle from inception to delivery.
The ARC team came together from groups of specialist Animal Rescuers, professionals, volunteers and wildlife workers. We adapt from national emergencies to micro support and all rescuers and partners are considered equal. The only question we ask is:
– Do you have animals?
– Do you need help.
You can read more about how we assess support options by clicking here, the principals are clear.
The ARC work in conjunction with peak bodies, major rescue organisations, thousands of individual rescuers and the care sector to respond with scale and help animals in need.
ARC is a division of Animal Rescue Support Incorporated and was originally started by the Mini Kitty Commune.
In recent times this includes
- Disaster response/Bushfire national response
- Covid 19 /Corona Companion Animal Response
- National logistics for PetBarn foundation food redistribution
- National Food response for WIRES Bushfire relief programs
- Craft Guild international rescue program (250000 volunteer members)
- Significant ($1m+) donation programs to support national Wildlife groups
- Redistribution programs for many major health and welfare donors
- Hundreds of individual rescues, hands on rebuilds and programs of work.
The teams are made up of hundreds of directly involved field volunteers across Australia backed by resource drop hubs, volunteer transporters, hands on animal care specialists and field workers. The capacity of the teams are considerable and is currently the only “At Scale” organisation of it’s type in Australia.
Vets + Nurses
We created ARC to support rescuers and the animals they care for.
Organisations and donors come to ARC as they know we can get right where they want to help with the right people, knowledge and supplier to immediately save lives.
The latest in technology and social engagement means ARC can locate resources in key rescue hotspots and engage teams immediately. ARC also maintain massive databases of rescuers, support and specialists to back resources in response
ARC operate a hub and storage resource pool capable of long term broad supply of food and medical resources. These hubs double as community collection and rescue group distribution hubs for general purpose rescue support.